WhatsApp Data Notice for the Use of the Novi Service in WhatsApp
Last Modified: December 8, 2021
This data notice ("Notice") describes the information that WhatsApp collects, processes, uses and shares in the context of the provision of services by Novi (the "Novi Service") in WhatsApp.
WhatsApp works with Novi entities, such as Novi Financial, Inc. or Novi Financial Ireland Limited that provide the Novi Service to you (individually and collectively, “Novi”). Novi is part of the Meta Companies.
Information We Collect and Share with Novi
- WhatsApp Account Information: Your mobile phone number.
- Device and Connection Information: This includes information such as hardware model, operating system information, app version, mobile network, connection information (including phone number, mobile operator or ISP), language, time zone, IP address, device operations information, and identifiers (including identifiers unique to The Meta Company Products associated with the same device or account).
WhatsApp shares the information above with Novi for certain limited purposes:
- WhatsApp shares WhatsApp Account Information with Novi to provide and debug the Novi Service in WhatsApp, ensure the safety and security of the Novi Service, and comply with applicable legal requirements.
- WhatsApp shares the Device and Connection Information above with Novi, which Novi uses for its own purposes of providing and improving the Novi Service, ensuring the safety and security of the Novi Service, including verifying accounts, and complying with applicable legal requirements.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we collect and share with Novi to operate, provide, improve, and facilitate your access to the Novi Service as follows:
- To provide, improve, and enhance the Novi Service in WhatsApp: This includes using the information to analyze how the Novi Service is used in WhatsApp. Also, to enhance your user experience and to offer a better service, we use your information for troubleshooting, validation, logging and understanding usage patterns, and generating statistics and reports.
- Safety, Security and Integrity: We use the information to protect our users from risk and fraud, combat harmful conduct, maintain the integrity of our WhatsApp services and the Novi Service, assess any security incidents, and to enhance our security and risk verification algorithms, such as by investigating suspicious activity.
- Legal Purposes: We use or store the information for specific legal purposes. For example, in order to meet our obligations to combat financial crime, we collect and store certain information that helps us identify and verify our customers. If we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so or if otherwise permitted by applicable law, we may access, preserve and share your information with regulators, law enforcement or others.
We don’t sell your information to anyone. In addition, we won’t share your information with third parties, or with Novi, for their own marketing purposes without your prior consent.
Information WhatsApp Collects and Processes on Novi’s Behalf
Once you create a Novi account and log into Novi in WhatsApp, WhatsApp collects and processes certain information as Novi’s service provider in order for Novi to provide the Novi Service to you. See more information on the categories of information that WhatsApp processes on Novi’s behalf.
Updates To This Notice
We will notify you as appropriate if we make changes to this Notice and will update the Last Modified date at the top of this Notice accordingly. We also recommend that you periodically visit our site in order to be informed of any changes to this Notice.