Last modified: June 12, 2018
The following policies apply to your use of the WhatsApp Business Solution, which is comprised of the WhatsApp Business Client and the WhatsApp Business APIs. If you are using the WhatsApp Business Solution as a service provider on behalf of your Clients, these policies apply to your use and your Clients' use of the WhatsApp Business Solution.
Create a Quality Experience
- Ensure your use of the WhatsApp Business Solution complies with these policies.
- Comply with our Documentation.
- Maintain a WhatsApp business profile with customer support contact information and one or more of the following: email address, website address, and/or telephone number. You must keep all information up-to-date.
- Don't share or ask people to share individual payment card, financial account numbers, or other cardholder data within messages.
- Don't include links to sites off WhatsApp where payment information is collected, without our prior permission.
- You may only contact people on WhatsApp if: (a) they have given you their mobile phone number; and (b) they have agreed to be contacted by you over WhatsApp. You are solely responsible for providing appropriate notices and disclosures to, and obtaining appropriate consents from, people.
- In order to send a WhatsApp message to a person, you must receive opt-in permission in-line and contextually during the relevant user flows. For example, to receive a receipt via WhatsApp, a person must opt in during a purchase flow. Opt-in obtained without context and in any manner not related to an action the user is already taking, does not comply with this policy.
- Opt-in permissions must display a visual element (e.g. a check box) next to the WhatsApp name and logo, with adjacent language clearly stating: (a) what type of information you will send to your customer; and (b) that you will message it via WhatsApp. You must give the person control over which WhatsApp number is used for the opt in, such as by giving the person the ability to edit the phone number.
- You must respect all requests (either on or off WhatsApp) by a person to block, discontinue, or otherwise opt out of communications from you via WhatsApp, including removing that person from your contacts list.
- You may only contact children on WhatsApp in compliance with applicable law.
Acceptable Message Types
- If a person initiates a chat with you, you may continue that conversation via WhatsApp for up to 24 hours after the last message sent to you by that person without charge (“Customer Service Window”). Outside of the Customer Service Window, you may only send messages via approved Message Templates, for which we will charge the applicable rate.
- Any Message Templates must comply with our terms and these policies. We have the right to review and approve any Message Templates.
- You may only send transactional notifications and initiate chats via approved Message Templates (as defined in our Documentation), subject to applicable pricing.
- You may not send newsletters.
- You may not send advertising, marketing, or promotional messages. However, if you chat with a person directly as a result of an advertisement you have placed on a surface outside of the WhatsApp Business Solution, that is not considered within the scope of this restriction.
- You may not build games or support playing of games in WhatsApp, including any interactive program for one or more players that involves skill, competition, and/or chance.
Acceptable Use of the WhatsApp Business Solution
- We prohibit organizations engaged in terrorist or organized criminal activity from using the WhatsApp Business Solution.
- We prohibit use of the WhatsApp Business Solution to facilitate or organize criminal activity including that which causes physical harm to people, businesses, or animals, or financial damage to people or businesses.
- Messages should not contain sexually explicit materials or nudity.
- If you are discussing, offering, or completing sales of goods or services, including sending messages in connection with such offers or sales, you must also comply with the Commerce Policy.
Enforcement and Updates
- We may limit or remove your access to the WhatsApp Business Solution if you receive excessive negative feedback, cause harm to WhatsApp or our users, or violate or encourage others to violate our terms or policies, as determined by us in our sole discretion.
- If you use anything other than our WhatsApp Business Solution to perform all or some of the same functions provided by our service and product, we reserve the right to limit or remove your access to the WhatsApp Business Solution.
- WhatsApp may update this WhatsApp Business Solution Policy
(“Change”); by continuing to use the WhatsApp Business Solution after such Change, you consent to such Change.