WhatsApp Business Policy
Last modified: October 8, 2021
Ensure your use of the WhatsApp Business Products complies with these policies. The WhatsApp Business Products include:
- The WhatsApp Business app.
- The WhatsApp Business Solution, which is comprised of the WhatsApp Business Client and the WhatsApp Business APIs. If you are using the WhatsApp Business Solution as a service provider on behalf of your Clients, these policies apply to your use and your Clients’ use of the WhatsApp Business Solution.
- Other WhatsApp Business offerings or features that we may provide to you in the future.
Driving high quality conversations between people and businesses is a top priority. People can block or report businesses and our systems will rate limit businesses if the business' quality is low for a sustained period of time. We may also reactively evaluate a business' opt-in flows, including review of user feedback, to flag policy violations and develop additional types of enforcement over time.
Best practices to create a high-quality opt-in experience:
- Users should expect the messages they receive. You can set this expectation by:
- Obtaining an opt-in that encompasses the different categories of messages that you will send (ex: order updates, relevant offers, product recommendations, etc.)
- Obtaining separate opt-in by specific message category
- This mitigates the risk that users will block your business because they receive unsolicited messages.
- Provide clear instructions for how people can opt out of receiving specific categories of messages, and honor these requests.
- Ensure your opt-in and opt-out flows are clear and intuitive for users.
- Clearly communicate the value of receiving this information on WhatsApp.