Last modified: 1/8/2018
When using our Business Products, such as WhatsApp Business, you must comply with this WhatsApp Business Policy.
Create a Quality Experience
- Ensure your use of the WhatsApp Business Products fulfills these policies.
- Follow any guidelines and instructions in our technical documentation.
- Maintain a WhatsApp business profile with customer support contact information, including one or more of the following: email address, website address, telephone number. All information should be up-to-date.
Acceptable Message Types
- Advertising, marketing, or promotional messages are not permitted, unless authorized by us in writing.
- Any templates used to message WhatsApp users must comply with our Business Terms. We may review any message templates prior to their use.
- Do not build games in WhatsApp, which means any interactive program for one or more players that involves skill, competition, and/or chance.
- You may only contact people on WhatsApp if (1) they have given you their name and mobile phone number; and (2) they have agreed to be contacted by you over WhatsApp. You are solely responsible for providing the appropriate notices and obtaining the appropriate consents from users.
- You must respect all requests (either on WhatsApp or off) to block, discontinue, or otherwise opt-out of communications from you via WhatsApp (“Opt-Out Elections”). If a user communicates an Opt-Out Election to you, you will update your contact list to remove that user and will not send (or attempt to send) any further messages to that user using the Business Products.
Business Community Standards
- Dangerous Organizations. WhatsApp prohibits organizations engaged in terrorist or organized criminal activity from using WhatsApp Business Products, and prohibits messages that condone or express support for such groups (including their leaders).
- Criminal Activity. We prohibit use of the Business Products to celebrate any crimes, or to facilitate or organize criminal activity that causes physical harm to people, businesses or animals, or financial damage to people or businesses.
- If you are offering or completing sales of goods or services by using the WhatsApp Business Products, you must comply with applicable law and our Commerce Policy.
- Don't use any data obtained from us about the people you reach in WhatsApp, other than the content of message threads, for any purpose other than as reasonably necessary to support the message types you elect to use.
- Payments. Don't share or ask people to share individual payment card, financial account numbers or other cardholder data within messages.
- Ensure your agreements with businesses do not conflict with, and that businesses agree to, the WhatsApp Business Terms of Service, including these policies.
- Ensure you have the authority to act as agent for the business to which you're providing a service, and that your use of our Business Products is strictly for the benefit of that business.
- Don't facilitate or encourage any violations of our policies.
Enforcement and Updates
- We may limit or remove your access to WhatsApp if you receive excessive negative feedback, cause harm to WhatsApp or our users, violate or encourage others to violate the WhatsApp Business Terms of Service or policies, as determined by us in our sole discretion.
- If you use anything other than official WhatsApp Business Products or tools to perform the same functions as what those Business Products and tools provide, we reserve the right to limit or remove your access to WhatsApp.
- If we terminate your account for violations of our WhatsApp Business Terms of Service or policies, we may prohibit your Company from using WhatsApp again.
We may update these policies at any time without notice to the full extent permitted by law.