Law Enforcement Response Team Analyst
Austin, Texas, US
We are seeking a motivated, highly-organized, detail-oriented candidate with impeccable judgment to serve as a specialist for law enforcement and safety matters. You must have flexibility to adapt to changing priorities, business and organizational needs. In addition, you must have the ability to operate independently in a fast-paced, small but growing environment and work proactively with various teams across the organization, including business, product, customer support, communications, policy, and growth.
- Review and accurately assess legal requests from law enforcement officials and third party civil attorneys, ensuring that all requests are scrutinized and handled in strict accordance with applicable law, our terms of service, and our law enforcement guidelines
- Bring operational excellence to a team that handles a large volume of incoming requests
- Clearly respond to process and policy inquiries from law enforcement, government agencies and internal parties
- Work cross-functionally to drive policy, processes and documentation improvements for the WhatsApp Law Enforcement Response Team
- Address sensitive content issues, including but not limited to graphic images, videos and writings, offensive or derogatory language, and other objectionable material
- Participate in on-call emergency after-hours and weekend rotation duty
- Possess and maintain an IAPP CIPP certification, or be able to do so within one year
- BA/BS degree
- 3+ years of operational experience
- Experience with computer systems, internet technology and software (PC, Mac, MS Office, online research, etc.)
- Fluency in Brazilian Portuguese and English
- Experience communicating with cross-functional teams and/or law enforcement agencies
- Familiarity with WhatsApp service
- Experience organizing and prioritizing multiple functions and tasks efficiently
- Experience exercising judgment while working independently
WhatsApp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or you may call us at +1 650-308-7837.