Market Specialist, German
WhatsApp Customer Operations' mission is to make each user feel like WhatsApp was made for them. WhatsApp Customer Operations' focus is on supporting our users through both direct support interactions as well as scalable solutions, and on improving the health of our products by helping people understand how to use them. Those who join our teams are very passionate about solving people’s issues, and are strong advocates for WhatsApp users.
- Provide customer support to WhatsApp users with high quality, speed, empathy and accuracy
- Partner closely with WhatsApp Legal team to review and process incoming user rights and related regulatory requests
- Troubleshoot user issues and communicate user insights to Legal, Policy, Product, Growth, and other cross-functional partners
- Be an advocate for your market and a voice of the user to the rest of the company
- Continually learn how WhatsApp works on different smartphone operating systems and what features are available on each platform
- Evaluate the organization of your workflow to find new issues in the support queues and improved ways of handling existing issues
- Be aware of current events and typical user behavior in Germany and German speaking countries
- Use market specific knowledge, data, signals and insights to identify user trends and improve the overall user experience on WhatsApp
- Independently deliver solutions for key experience issues through effective problem solving and project management
- Bachelors degree and/or masters or equivalent experience (Legal, Compliance, Political or Social Science disciplines preferred)
- 2+ years professional experience, preferably working in online operations, privacy or legal support role
- Motivated by the opportunity to solve privacy problems within an operations environment
- Ability to use and learn the iOS, Android, and Windows Phone operating systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Fluency in written and conversational German
- Experience managing multiple concurrent interactions with geographically disparate teams
- Able to act independently across competing priorities and exercise impeccable judgment
- Experience working in Legal ops as part of cross-functional regulatory initiatives and/or compliance background is a plus
- Legal, Compliance, Political or Social Science disciplines preferred
WhatsApp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call us at +1 650-308-7837.