Technical Specialist, WhatsApp Product Operations [SMBi]
Menlo Park, California, US
WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. More than 1 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in low connectivity areas — making it accessible and reliable wherever you are. It's a simple and secure way to share your favorite moments, send important information or catch up with a friend. WhatsApp helps people connect and share no matter where they are in the world.
WhatsApp is seeking a Technical Specialist in our Customer Operations team. If you are intellectually curious, love discovering user insights, being the voice of the user and want to impact the lives of hundreds of millions of users globally, this is the role for you! Using your start-up mindset and your experience with smartphones, you will help support and test awesome features used by millions of WhatsApp users.
You must have the flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and be excited to operate independently in a fast-paced and growing environment. This is a full-time position based with the WhatsApp team in Menlo Park, California.
- Become a technical expert in WhatsApp Business app for iOS and a source of information to rest of the WhatsApp Consumer Operations team.
- Investigate, triage, and report technical issues with WhatsApp Business App on iOS.
- Monitor and analyze users’ reviews on the App Store for bug-related trends.
- Separate platform issues from bugs, advise the tier 1 & 2 support team on how to follow up on bug reports from users.
- Partner closely with the engineering team to drive up the application quality and an understanding of its usage.
- Deep dive to understand specific user pain points, gather supporting data, and influence engineering and product teams on relevant feature changes to improve the overall user experience.
- Continually evaluate the organization of your support workflows to surface bugs faster to the engineering team.
- Improve the efficiency of the testing and triaging processes.
- BA/BS or equivalent 4 year university degree
- 1+ years of experience as tier 2 or 3 support on smartphone platforms
- 1+ years of experience developing or troubleshooting on smartphone platforms
- Experience troubleshooting Android, Windows and/or iOS mobile operating systems
- Demonstrated experience with troubleshooting web browsers and/or desktop operating systems
- Experience multitasking and managing priorities
- Experience balancing independence tasks/goals while contributing to team goals and collaborating with other team members
- Experience working with remote teams across different timezones
- Must have the ability to obtain work authorization in the country at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- No international relocation
- Technical Support background
- 1+ years of experience as tier 2 or 3 support for apps supporting small businesses
- 1+ years of experience in email support
- 1+ years of experience developing or troubleshooting on Android, Windows and/or iOS mobile operating systems
- Tier 2/3 support experience for Android, Windows and/or iOS mobile operating systems
WhatsApp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
WhatsApp is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.