Data Analyst, Customer Operations
Menlo Park, California, US
WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. More than 1 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in low connectivity areas — making it accessible and reliable wherever you are. It's a simple and secure way to share your favorite moments, send important information or catch up with a friend. WhatsApp helps people connect and share no matter where they are in the world.
- Build/maintain reports, dashboards, and metrics that equips the CO organization to scale successfully
- Engage in discussions to identify problems, quantify and improve the quality of workflows through data analysis
- Run SQL queries, provide reports or updates
- Build data expertise and own data quality and documentation for allocated areas of ownership
- Design, build, and launch efficient & reliable data pipelines
- Provide technical supports to maintain existing data processes and code reviews
- Mentor others as needed on best practices for design and implementation of data infrastructure
- Work with cross-functional teams to create efficient and scalable data solutions and documentation
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics or other technical field
- 4+ years experience using SQL
- 4+ years experience building data reporting
- Experience with troubleshooting data pipeline/warehouse related issues
- Experience with analyzing data to identify deliverables, gaps and inconsistencies
- Experience with identifying and communicating data driven insights
- Experience with prioritizing among conflicting demands
- Experience using Tableau or any other Visualization/Reporting Building tool
- Experience using languages and packages such as Python, R, MATLAB, SPSS, SAS, Stata, etc.
- Experience with large data sets and distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop)
WhatsApp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
WhatsApp is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.