Market Specialist, India/Pakistan
Menlo Park, California, US
WhatsApp is the world’s largest and fastest growing communications company with more than 1 billion active users globally. Using your start-up mindset and your experience with smartphones, you will help support and test awesome features used by millions of current WhatsApp users. If you are looking for a fun full-time job, have an Android, iPhone, Windows Phone or other smartphone, and consider yourself a smartphone gadget geek, keep on reading.
- Provide friendly and efficient customer support via email in English and Hindi to WhatsApp users around the world
- Troubleshoot user issues and escalate issues to developers and other cross-functional partners
- Work with vendor partners to ensure high quality support is being delivered to users
- Be an advocate for the user base you support and a voice of the user to the rest of the company
- Continually learn how WhatsApp works on different smartphone operating systems and what features are available on each platform
- Evaluate the organization of your workflow to find new issues in the support queues and improved ways of handling existing issues
- Bachelor's degree from the United States or equivalent university degree from another country
- 1+ years customer support experience
- Experience using and learning the iOS, Android, and Windows Phone operating systems
- Experience multitasking and managing priorities
- Bilingual in English and Hindi (read, write and speak)
- Experience composing answers to help users
- Experience balancing independent tasks/goals while contributing to team goals and collaborating with other team members
- Must have the ability to obtain work authorization in the United States at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Knowledge of India and its culture
- Experience with communication, presentation, clarifying and summarizing issues
- No international relocation
- Technical Support background
- 4+ years of in-country experience within the last 10 years
WhatsApp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
WhatsApp is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.