Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. More than 1 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in low connectivity areas — making it accessible and reliable wherever you are. It's a simple and secure way to share your favorite moments, send important information or catch up with a friend. WhatsApp helps people connect and share no matter where they are in the world. People interact with businesses on WhatsApp every day. We’re working to make that even easier – so everyone on WhatsApp can find the local businesses they need.
WhatsApp Customer Operations' mission is to make each user feel like WhatsApp was made for them. WhatsApp Customer Operations' focus is on supporting our users through both direct support interactions as well as scalable solutions, and on improving the health of our products by helping people understand how to use them. Those who join our teams are very passionate about solving people’s issues, and are strong advocates for WhatsApp users.
WhatsApp is looking for a full-time team member to join the Customer Operations' team. We value both 1:1 interactions with users and driving solutions at scale, and we count on Tools Project Manager's to balance these needs.
- Manage global cross-functional projects and business case development to design and implement robust experiences for consumers and merchants in current and future support models
- Translate business requirements into implementation plans for upcoming launches working closely with cross-functional stakeholders like engineering, product management, legal, partnerships, business development and marketing
- Act as a trusted advisor to partners in developing and prioritizing comprehensive, data-driven tool improvement requests and raise core problems to our Engineering and cross-functional partners
- Leads and completes several concurrent complex projects. Provides guidance to other members of the team on their projects
- Develop business cases to support new and improved processes for consumers, businesses and partners that leverage our products, pushing the boundaries and thinking of what the future for this area of the business may look like
- Gather, analyze, and utilize relevant data to develop ways to improve the overall support experience
- Communicate and collaborate with cross-functional partners to align priorities with stakeholders across WhatsApp, influencing organizational roadmap
- Effectively contribute in decision-making meetings with other managers and team leads through providing thoughtful ideas and proposals on matters of importance
- building trust in high pressure/fire-drill situations
- Independently gather and analyze information based on data to identify specific trends/opportunities, making appropriate recommendations through anticipating future business needs that improve the overall support experience, sharing knowledge across the team
- Regularly frame and consider issues within the larger scope and goals of the team, creating actionable insights or tasks that have key business impact
- Independently think through end-to-end execution, using judgment to understand how actions may impact other stakeholders and communicate in advance
- Demonstrate thought-leadership to help drive strategic decisions that promote growth within the team, org, and cross-functional teams
- Confidently and constructively challenges priorities and/or the direction of a certain project
- identifying areas where we can pause, remove roadblocks, stop pieces of work, and/or re-prioritize resources
- Regularly coach others through projects and/or initiatives, from initial problem scoping, to methodology and project management through being known as an expert across the global team and company on a particular topic
- Participate in interviewing and hiring decision making through understanding of team growth goals, both for current and future strategy
- Consistently deliver constructive feedback to peers in a way that strengthens relationships and enables projects to advance more quickly while motivating and uniting the team to achieve common goals
- Proactively creates an atmosphere where team members continue to strive to contribute to the Customer Operations team and our Engineering Partner teams
- BA/BS degree in Engineering or related field or international equivalent
- 4+ years of project management experience communicating with people at all levels
- Analytical-thinking and problem-solving experience
- Experience working across a global multicultural and multilingual team, solving problems and designing business operations from scratch
- Experience communicating with cross-functional partners
- Experience working autonomously and prioritize work with minimal input
- Proven experience collaborating and communicating across a global team
- Experience with internal Facebook tools such as SRT
- Experience with customer support/operations software-oriented projects
- Knowledgeable in driving solutions for global operational teams
- Time management and multitasking experience
- Experience with process change management or process improvement
- Experience working in a technology company, consulting firm or equivalent fast-paced environment
WhatsApp is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. You may view our Equal Employment Opportunity notice here. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. You may view Facebook’s Pay Transparency Policy and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notice by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, WhatsApp participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
WhatsApp is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org .