WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. More than 1 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in low connectivity areas — making it accessible and reliable wherever you are. It's a simple and secure way to share your favorite moments, send important information or catch up with a friend. WhatsApp helps people connect and share no matter where they are in the world.
WhatsApp is looking for an experienced Learning Business Partner to join the Global Training & Onboarding team supporting onboarding for WhatsApp’s global offices. This learning & enablement position will partner with multiple departments in WhatsApp and Facebook, to understand critical business priorities and assess audience learning needs and performance gaps for our new employees. The ideal candidate will have strong understanding of operations, experience building and/or running global learning programs, and have a high degree creativity, energy and passion for driving the success of new employees. This position is full-time based in Dublin and reports to the Global Training & Onboarding Manager.
- Oversee WhatsApp’s New Hire Orientation and Onboarding operations, including but not limited to administration, logistics, speaker coordination, and communications
- Assess, design, develop, and deliver onboarding programming for new and existing employees
- Partner with counterparts to focus on end-to-end curriculum strategy and narrative
- Manage and facilitate WhatsApp New Hire Orientation program (2x month) for Dublin and London office locations
- Heavy involvement in planning process for program execution and evolution
- Continuously evaluate and maintain up-to-date learning material and knowledge content
- Help to foster a positive experience for new WhatsApp employees
- Ensure smooth administration of operations, logistics, and communication associated with delivering on-boarding and training programs
- Build relationships with WhatsApp Operations, Engineering, Product, etc. leaders and cross-functional business partners in the region to collaborate on business needs, priorities
- BA/BS degree in Education, Communications, or other related field
- 2+ years working experience within Learning & Development, Onboarding, Operations, Engineering, Product and/or executive leadership
- Demonstrated understanding of requirements to develop learning courses end-to-end (analysis all the way to post-training assessment)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with a variety of audiences
- Experience in learning project management and running strategic projects with global, cross-functional teams
- Passion for learning/training and teaching at scale
- Heavy interest for emerging learning trends in the digital/media industry
- Strategic mindset and experience developing global learning programs
- Strong, proven talent for training in a classroom environment and/or comfortable with public speaking and group facilitation
- Outstanding communication, engagement and interpersonal skills
- Highly organized and detailed-oriented
- Highly motivated and hard-working with ability to think clearly under pressure, both individually and in-team environment
- Demonstrated experience with learning management systems (LMS), eLearning authoring software, blended learning approaches
- Demonstrated understanding of ADDIE principle, adult learning theory, and instructional design methodologies for classroom and electronic learning
- Training experience/background in the tech space
- Experience in corporate onboarding and/or event planning
- Experience with program management
- Audio/video/visual asset production and technical skill (Adobe Creative Suite)
- Experience with Cornerstone LMS
WhatsApp is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. You may view Facebook’s Pay Transparency Policy and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notice by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, WhatsApp participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
WhatsApp is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com .