WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. More than 1 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in low connectivity areas — making it accessible and reliable wherever you are. It's a simple and secure way to share your favorite moments, send important information or catch up with a friend. WhatsApp helps people connect and share no matter where they are in the world.
The Localization & Content teams are responsible for creating, translating, and culturally adapting the majority of user-facing content for WhatsApp, including in-app strings, Help Center articles, and marketing materials. We aspire to make our product experience feel local in every country and do it at scale. Our team is looking for a Head of Localization & Content Operations to lead our efforts. You will lead a team of managers who are responsible for the localization and content management workflows for different products and content types. You will work across large and diverse teams to drive the overall strategy and execution of localization & content programs for WhatsApp, resulting in successful global launches across all of our product lines and content efforts.
- Work with cross-functional teams throughout WhatsApp to advocate for our global users, generate insights, initiate programs, and drive international experiences and localization decisions related to content.
- Develop the Localization and Content Operations team strategy to ensure prioritization of effort and resources to deliver against overall business objectives.
- Provide thought leadership by identifying areas for growth and improvement to scale the business, including new areas of focus and process optimization.
- Advocate on behalf of the Localization and Content teams, building partnerships with key cross-functional partners including Product, Engineering, Marketing, PR/Communications, and the larger Customer Operations organization.
- Create and continuously improve our content and localization launch processes to meet current business needs and scale to future requirements.
- Leadership and mentorship for managers, program and project managers. Hire, develop and retain top talent for the team.
- 10+ years of experience in people and organizational management in a global enterprise environment.
- 7+ years of Operations, localization, content, internationalization, international product development, or international business management experience.
- Experience with CMS and CAT tools and industry frameworks for linguistic and content quality.
- Experience working cross-functionally, demonstrated leadership, influencing, and execution experience at the executive level.
- Experience in operational management and organizational experience in translating ideas into communications.
- Experience with business analysis and strategic planning. Experienced in making data and insights accessible to all audiences.
- Experience with delivering presentations at the executive level, interpersonal and communication.
WhatsApp is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. You may view Facebook’s Pay Transparency Policy and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notice by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, WhatsApp participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
WhatsApp is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org .