WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. More than 1 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in low connectivity areas — making it accessible and reliable wherever you are. It's a simple and secure way to share your favorite moments, send important information or catch up with a friend. WhatsApp helps people connect and share no matter where they are in the world.
We are looking for a passionate leader to lead our Learning Partner team that is responsible for global functional training. In this role, you will work closely with cross-functional partners, fellow functional operations managers, and outsourced partners to deliver and execute learning strategies for WhatsApp Customer Operations & Localization. This role is based in Menlo Park and reports to the Global Learning Manager.
- Lead and manage a team of Learning Partners responsible for role specific training for our global office and vendor locations
- Execute learning strategy and program content across Customer Operations to enable new employees to develop an understanding of WhatsApp values, policies, and processes
- Establish team goals aligned with the strategy of the Customer Operations team
- Partner with other leads in Customer Operations to evolve specific learning objectives and goals for new and current employees
- Make data fueled decisions to propose forward-thinking solutions to scale knowledge transfer across both internal teams and external vendors in multiple office locations
- Lead a team to develop, pilot, launch, and iterate on training assets including course materials, presentations, integrated curriculums etc. for Customer Operations partners
- Work with cross-functional teams in assessing and identify training needs and gaps
- Role requires 10 - 20% travel
- 3+ years of leadership experience in Operations, with knowledge in the Training/Learning & Development domain(s)
- 3+ years of people management experience
- Experience in managing and growing global teams
- Experience working directly with Operations and/or Customer Support teams and demonstrated knowledge in the learning challenges faced in these environments
- Experience working across a global multicultural and multilingual team, solving problems and designing business operations
- Demonstrated experience in communicating with, influencing, and presenting to a variety of audiences, including global cross-functional leaders
- Experience in using data and measurement to influence learning strategies and solutions
- Experience with learning management systems and software
- Experience providing technical customer support (email and/or phone)
- Experience in curriculum building, instructional design (ADDIE method) and adult learning theory
- Experience with a variety of instructional media including instructor-led, eLearning, and blended learning approaches
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- No international relocation
- Experience in Cornerstone LMS
- Experience in vendor management and outsourcing
- Experience in media content creation via Adobe Suite or similar platforms
WhatsApp is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. You may view Facebook’s Pay Transparency Policy and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notice by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, WhatsApp participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
WhatsApp is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com .