WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. More than 1.5 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in low connectivity areas — making it accessible and reliable wherever you are. It's a simple and secure way to share your favorite moments, send important information or catch up with a friend. WhatsApp helps people connect and share no matter where they are in the world.
Customer Operations’ focus is to support and educate the people and businesses who use our products through direct interactions and scalable solutions. We develop processes to help improve the health of our products and work with cross-functional partners to ensure a high-quality experience on our platforms. You will gain experience and make an impact in a fast-growing organization. Those who join our teams are very passionate about solving people’s issues, and are strong advocates for WhatsApp users globally. If you like helping people, Customer Operations is for you.
- Translate, review and proofread WhatsApp UI strings, Support, Marketing, PR and Legal content
- Review all UI, Marketing and Legal content translated by the vendor for new launches and existing products. Act as the quality gatekeeper, voice and market ambassador for the target language
- Develop and maintain key relationships with vendor linguists and regularly communicate with them to align and calibrate language, style and terminology. Clarify quality expectations and maintain/tweak quality control processes
- Thoroughly QA all localized content and apps to ensure consistent messaging and proper functionality
- Coordinate creation and maintenance of linguistic assets (TMs, glossaries, style guides, reference material) for the language/market of expertise
- Communicate efficiently with product managers, localization project managers and the customer operation team to align with project requirements and quality standards
- Provide inputs on UI, UX and design for products launching in international markets
- Identify and fix linguistic and cultural issues before launch
- Remain curious about the WhatsApp usage and style that works best in the target market. Remain confident that you have the network and research ability to satisfy this curiosity
- Experience using WhatsApp and experience with other messaging and social media mobile applications with knowledge in technology that helps bringing the world closer
- 3+ years of experience in software localization or translation/review for high tech companies
- Fluency in native language of expertise (writing, reading, speaking)
- BA/BS or equivalent 4 year university degree. Translation, Linguistics, or similar field of study
- Experience performing high quality translations and localization for software or web applications
- Experience in conveying our message on a local level, especially as it pertains to language nuances
- Experience in explaining linguistic challenges and cultural questions and concepts to stakeholders
- Experience with prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience with localization platforms, file formats and CAT tools that manage and/or automate the translation workflow
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- No international relocation
- M.A. in Translation, Linguistics, or similar field of study
- 5+ years of relevant experience in software localization, QA testing, linguistic QA
- Demonstrated knowledge of internationalization and localization standards and best practices
- Experience in writing, copy-writing or editing in the language of expertise
- A thoughtfully developed sense of humor
WhatsApp is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. You may view Facebook’s Pay Transparency Policy and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notice by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, WhatsApp participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
WhatsApp is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com .