WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. More than 1.5 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in low connectivity areas — making it accessible and reliable wherever you are. It's a simple and secure way to share your favorite moments, send important information or catch up with a friend. WhatsApp helps people connect and share no matter where they are in the world.
- Develop a deep understanding of abuse (fraud) and how it affects WhatsApp
- Build and operationalize scalable workflows to support our customers
- Work directly with users and provide scaled support to resolve their issues, identify user trends, and work with cross-functional partners to resolve issues
- Communicate insights around the abuse ecosystem to Product Management, Engineering, and other cross-functional partners
- Use your problem solving skills to resolve large and complex business problems
- Participate in on-call emergency escalation rotation as well as after-hours and weekend duty when necessary
- Gather, analyze and utilize relevant data to develop ways to improve the overall user support experience
- Use tools like SQL and Tableau to drive efficient analytics and reporting
- Fluent in the following languages: English + any other language
- 6+ year(s) of work experience in role involving strategic/analytical initiatives (operations, project management, Quality, Process Optimization experience) and managing projects
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Self-starter, intellectually curious and creative individual comfortable operating in ambiguity
- Ability to critically evaluate and analyze large datasets
- Excellent communication skills, open, collaborative and proven team player
- Experience working with global teams
- Experience with working with abuse, spam or fraud detection, misinformation, trust & safety issues
- Avid WhatsApp user
- Intermediate knowledge of data tools such as SQL, SAS or other coding languages and or data visualization tools
- Experience working within a formal methodology (Six Sigma, Agile, etc.)
WhatsApp is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. You may view Facebook’s Pay Transparency Policy and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notice by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, WhatsApp participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
WhatsApp is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org .