Reporting & Analytics Manager, Customer Operations
Menlo Park, California, US
WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. More than 1 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in low connectivity areas — making it accessible and reliable wherever you are. It's a simple and secure way to share your favorite moments, send important information or catch up with a friend. WhatsApp helps people connect and share no matter where they are in the world.
WhatsApp Customer Operations' mission is to make each user feel like WhatsApp was made for them. We are searching for an instrumental leader to lead our Reporting and Analytics function.
Successful candidates are demonstrated leaders with deep experience in data analytics. You love to coach and develop high performing analysts. You are an energetic, passionate and strategic voice with our partners and seen as a thought leader across the organization. You are user obsessed, have high business acumen and a product mindset. This is a full-time role based in our Menlo Park office.
- Build and manage a team that provides scalable reporting and analytics solutions for Customer Operations
- Responsible for operational cadences like holistic monitoring of day-to-day operational performance and ownership of data architecture
- Enable operations teams to rapidly identify key business drivers and trends
- Build early warning systems to aid in detection of problems
- Establish team goals and work with direct reports to execute, measure progress, and share results
- Facilitate data-driven and informed decision making and prioritization across operations
- Leverage areas of expertise to improve the effectiveness and quality of WhatsApp's support experience
- Develop strong cross-functional partnerships across WhatsApp to drive our team’s success
- Identify gaps and develop solutions to optimize team workflows and goals to improve efficiency with focus on impact
- Provide mentorship, guidance and career development to a team of Data Analysts and Project Managers
- BA/BS in Math, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, or other quantitative fields
- 5+ years of people management experience
- 2+ years hands-on experience using SQL or other querying language
- Experience analyzing and deriving meaning from unstructured data sets
- Experience with visualization software (Tableau, Pentaho etc.)
- 5+ years of experience in solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches or equivalent
- Experience presenting research data (qualitative and quantitative) to both technical and business partners
- Strong analytical background with experience leveraging consumer and market insights to influence operations at scale and improve user experience
- Experience utilizing both qualitative analysis (e.g., content analysis, phenomenology, hypothesis testing) and quantitative analysis techniques (e.g., cluster analysis, descriptive and inferential statistics)
- Demonstrated success presenting complex research data (qualitative and quantitative) in a clear and compelling manner that inspires action
- Experience working with cross-cultural global teams
- Passion for user advocacy, intellectual curiosity and will to constantly challenge the status quo
- The courage and desire to be a strategic thinker and influencer — not merely the Data/Analytics Manager
- Passion for and commitment to team development
WhatsApp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call us at +1 650-308-7837.