Market Specialist, Indonesia
Menlo Park, California, US
WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. More than 1 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in low connectivity areas — making it accessible and reliable wherever you are. It's a simple and secure way to share your favorite moments, send important information or catch up with a friend. WhatsApp helps people connect and share no matter where they are in the world.
- Provide friendly and efficient customer support via email in English and Indonesian to WhatsApp users around the world
- Troubleshoot user issues and escalate issues to developers and other cross-functional partners
- Be an advocate for the user base you support and a voice of the user to the rest of the company
- Continually learn how WhatsApp works on different smartphone operating systems and what features are available on each platform
- Evaluate the organization of your workflow to find new issues in the support queues and improved ways of handling existing issues
- Bachelor's degree from the United States or equivalent university degree from another country
- 1+ years customer support experience
- Experience and knowledge using iOS, Android, and Windows Phone operating systems
- Experience multitasking and managing competing priorities
- Bilingual in English and Bahasa Indonesian (read, write and speak)
- Demonstrated experience composing appropriate answers to help users
- Experience balancing independent tasks/goals while contributing to team goals and collaborating with other team members
- Must be eligible to work in the US
- No international relocation
- Knowledge of Indonesian speaking countries and their cultures
- Communication and presentation experience, and experience summarizing issues
- Technical Support background
- 4+ years of in country experience within the last 10 years
WhatsApp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call us at +1 650-308-7837.