Software Engineer, Tools and Automation
Menlo Park, California, US
WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. More than 1 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in low connectivity areas — making it accessible and reliable wherever you are. It's a simple and secure way to share your favorite moments, send important information or catch up with a friend. WhatsApp helps people connect and share no matter where they are in the world.
Join a world-class engineering-driven company, where you'll have instant impact from day one. WhatsApp has an open culture and flat organization. Every engineer is literally sitting a few steps away from the founders. As a member of our engineering team you will tackle challenging issues of scale, reliability and security while delivering a delightful, simple user experience to a global user base. If you love writing code, hate tons of meetings, then come talk to us.
We're a very small team, creating features and services for over a billion of users. The Client Automations team handles automated testing and content generation at scale, across all WhatsApp clients and 50+ languages. Do with code what would take hundreds of people if done manually!
- Develop automations on WhatsApp clients: Android, iOS, Web, Enterprise
- Work closely with engineers and operations teams
- Develop and execute automation recipes and test plans, including bug tracking and resolution
- Develop and monitor quality and reliability metrics to evaluate project performance
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field
- Knowledge of iOS and Android SDK
- Experience in CI systems (e.g. Jenkins)
- Experience in UI automation (e.g. UI Automator, XCTest, Selenium)
- Understanding of application architecture and object-oriented design
- Experience with programmatic image manipulation (e.g. Python Image Library, ImageMagick)
WhatsApp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call us at +1 650-308-7837.