Android Software Developer
Menlo Park, California, US
WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. More than 1 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in low connectivity areas — making it accessible and reliable wherever you are. It's a simple and secure way to share your favorite moments, send important information or catch up with a friend. WhatsApp helps people connect and share no matter where they are in the world.
Join a world-class engineering-driven company, where you'll have instant impact from day one. WhatsApp has an open culture and flat organization. Every engineer is literally sitting a few steps away from the founders. As a member of our engineering team you will tackle challenging issues of scale, reliability and security while delivering a delightful, simple user experience to a global user base. If you love writing code, hate tons of meetings, then come talk to us.
- Create new, awesome features for millions of users
- Write efficient, maintainable code for Android phones
- Own release and QA cycles of your code
- Analyze and optimize UI and backend application code for efficiency and performance.
- Work closely with customer support to fix bugs and improve the user experience
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- Experience on building high quality UI and working with graphic designers
- Experience with product design and user experience
- Ability to work independently and implement product features from start to
- Experience with Java and C++ programming and debugging skills
- Experience designing APIs.
- Working experience with networking and messaging protocols
- Experience developing Android apps
- 5+ years of Android software experience
WhatsApp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or you may call us at +1 650-308-7837.