Web Software Developer, Web Client
Menlo Park, California, US
WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. More than 1 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in low connectivity areas — making it accessible and reliable wherever you are. It's a simple and secure way to share your favorite moments, send important information or catch up with a friend. WhatsApp helps people connect and share no matter where they are in the world.
Join a world-class engineering-driven company, where you'll have instant impact from day one. WhatsApp has an open culture and flat organization. Every engineer is literally sitting a few steps away from the founders. As a member of our engineering team you will tackle challenging issues of scale, reliability and security while delivering a delightful, simple user experience to a global user base. If you love writing code, hate tons of meetings, then come talk to us.
- Work closely with, and incorporate feedback from PMs, designers and other engineers
- Pro-actively enhance our web platform
- Understanding of patterns used for developing web applications
- 2+ years experience developing responsive web applications that work across multiple devices
- Understanding of the web technology stack (HTTP, WebSockets, cookies, asset loading / caching)
- Experience with React, Backbone, WebPack, Promises
- Experience with Sass and Compass
- Experience with cross-browser quirks
- Data-informed product development: analytics, A/B testing, etc.
- Experience using REST API’s
- Experience with version control systems
WhatsApp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call us at +1 650-308-7837.