WhatsApp is the world’s fastest growing communication company with over 1 billion active users globally. We help bring friends, families, communities, soccer groups, doctors, storm chasers, and million others closer. We are just getting started. We are looking for the best individuals to grow and support this incredible community of users. WhatsApp has been ranked as one of the Top 25 Most downloaded apps in over 100 countries on the App Store and has received over 1 Billion installs on Google Play. Our spacious office is located in the heart of downtown Mountain View.
Join a world-class engineering-driven company, where you'll have instant impact from day one. WhatsApp has an open culture and flat organization. Every engineer is literally sitting a few steps away from the founders. As a member of our engineering team you will tackle challenging issues of scale, reliability and security while delivering a delightful, simple user experience to a global user base. If you love writing code, hate tons of meetings, then come talk to us.
- Help build the mobile based version of WhatsApp on web/desktop/tablet platforms
- Work closely with, and incorporate feedback from PMs, designers and other engineers
- Create new, awesome features for millions of users
- Write efficient, maintainable code for hand held devices
- Experience developing responsive mobile/web applications that work across multiple devices (preferred/required)
- Must be a self-starter and enjoy working in a team with other passionate professionals
- Minimum 5+ years experience or demonstrated ability to launch a product from conception to end
- BS in CS or equivalent
- Nice to have:
- Solid understanding of the full web technology stack (HTTP, WebSockets, cookies, asset loading / caching)
- Data-informed product development: analytics, A/B testing, etc
- Strong understanding of application architecture and object-oriented design
- Android, iOS development experience, with deep knowledge of best practices, APIs and libraries