Decision Scientist, Marketing
Menlo Park, California, US
WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. More than 1 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in low connectivity areas — making it accessible and reliable wherever you are. It's a simple and secure way to share your favorite moments, send important information or catch up with a friend. WhatsApp helps people connect and share no matter where they are in the world.
We're looking for a candidate to join the consumer product marketing team at WhatsApp, focused on building brand presence, improving user sentiment and product education. We are seeking an independent thought leader who thrives at the intersection of data, product and marketing. This candidate will own the measurement of all marketing efforts at WhatsApp, and help the rest of the team set goals and priorities. The role will report into the director marketing and tap into a part of companywide community of decision scientists, data engineers and data scientists: sophisticated tools, and advanced computational resources. Strong time management and communication skills are critical, and a passion for WhatsApp is a must. This is a full-time position based with the WhatsApp team at Facebook HQ in Menlo Park, California.
- Partner with our marketing teams to make well-informed decisions backed by survey results and product usage data
- Partner with marketing, research, and product organizations to scope, design, execute, measure, and improve the impact of our marketing efforts
- Translate data insights into actions and recommendations that will drive brand sentiment, user growth and engagement, and marketing effectiveness
- Develop quantitative analysis and ad hoc reports to support marketing decision making. Analysis areas might include (but not limited to) retention, lifetime value, messaging, promotions, usage and engagement
- Produce data visualization such as charts, infographic, presentations and dashboards to communicate findings and actionable recommendations to internal stakeholders and leadership clearly and effectively
- Analyze and maintain marketing metrics to identify causal relationships between marketing actions and behavioral & attitudinal outcomes
- Empathize with Facebook users' attitudes, emotions, and opinions to promote product awareness and meaningful interactions on the platform
- 7+ years of experience in data analysis.
- Statistical and data analysis/modeling experience (e.g. significance testing, regression modeling, causal analysis etc.).
- Experience retrieving, cleaning and manipulating data to build datasets.
- Experience with SQL, Hive, Presto, Hadoop, or other data querying languages.
- Experience using R or Python or a similar scripting language for statistical modeling.
- Experience collaborating with different individuals and organizations.
- Communication experience to represent marketing analytics in cross-functional discussions.
- An MBA or Master's or Doctorate degree in statistics, operations research, mathematics, economics, psychology, behavioral or social science or a related quantitative field.
- Marketing analytics experience or a similar career requiring one to present data-driven insights to business audiences and help drive the implementation of the recommendations.
WhatsApp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or you may call us at +1 650-308-7837.