WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. More than 1 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in low connectivity areas — making it accessible and reliable wherever you are. It's a simple and secure way to share your favorite moments, send important information or catch up with a friend. WhatsApp helps people connect and share no matter where they are in the world.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about building the next generation of products on WhatsApp, and particularly in preventing real-world harm on WhatsApp and helping keep bad actors and behaviors off our platform. WhatsApp combats these problems in the context of a private end-to-end encrypted system, which requires flexibility and creative approaches to detection and mitigation. We're looking for people who will build elegantly simple products, while sharing in our healthy obsession for quality and attention to detail.
- We’re looking for a leadership-oriented PM excited by this tremendous opportunity for impact. You must be comfortable being both strategic and hands-on, while learning and adapting to new info and constraints. We’re also looking for an experienced team leader capable of hiring and mentoring Product Management teams.
- 8+ years product management experience
- 3+ years experience of managing a team of Product Managers
- Core skills including delivery of entire products start to finish
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Understanding of the technical architecture of complex and highly scalable web applications and/or media products
- Passionate about preventing abuse, can rally groups with strong conflicting views and execute well
- Experience developing social products, technologies and platforms
WhatsApp is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. You may view Facebook’s Pay Transparency Policy and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notice by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, WhatsApp participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
WhatsApp is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com .