WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. More than 1 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in low connectivity areas — making it accessible and reliable wherever you are. It's a simple and secure way to share your favorite moments, send important information or catch up with a friend. WhatsApp helps people connect and share no matter where they are in the world.
We are a small, in-tact, req-based recruiting team with end-to-end responsibility for all hiring at WhatsApp including SWE (iOS, Android, Systems, Web, Tools), Product, Design, Research, Data Science, Data Engineering, Customer Operations, Partnerships and Marketing.
- Work closely with Recruiters and hiring managers to deeply understand technical requirements of the role, the function and how it fits into the organization
- Team with Coordinators and Recruiters to manage an efficient model of operation
- Strategize different ways to build talent pipelines and execute on tactical research, referral generation, events and sourcing campaigns
- Find, engage and activate passive candidates through the use of Boolean, LinkedIn and alternative search techniques
- Screen resumes and interview candidates to determine basic qualifications
- Regularly track pipeline activity to share with internal stakeholders
- Recommend and drive improvements that impact local pipeline areas
- 3+ years technical sourcing experience with a search firm or in-house recruiting team
- Experience working with and building sourcing strategies with recruiters and hiring managers
- Ability to screen resumes to match basic qualifications
- Ability to engage and activate passive candidates
- Knowledge of tech skills, target companies, conferences, open source communities