Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. More than 2 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in low connectivity areas — making it accessible and reliable wherever you are. It's a simple and secure way to share your favorite moments, send important information or catch up with a friend. WhatsApp helps people connect and share no matter where they are in the world.
This is a full-time position based in Hyderabad.
- Work across WhatsApp and Facebook cross-functional teams and external partners to design and implement robust risk frameworks to protect our Payments users
- Partner with Product Management, Engineering, and other cross-functional partners for insights around the payments risk ecosystem
- Support the payments risk framework in a wide variety of workflows including multi-channel customer correspondence, user journeys, policies and compliance, reporting & analytics, tool & infrastructure development, new product testing, support and vendor management
- Design, plan and project manage operational readiness for regional launches across Customer Operations and cross-functional teams (design, engineering, legal, risk, vendor management, infra, training, content, risk, data etc.
- Process analysis and design for upcoming payment launches working closely with product, engineering, and internal community operations stakeholders
- Act as a subject matter expert for incoming questions from teams across our family of apps on Commerce, Customer Support, and Operations
- Coordinate data and tooling requirements for launches and work with infrastructure and tooling teams to prioritize and roadmap these requirements
- Work directly with operational agents to identify user trends, and work with cross-functional partners to resolve issues
- Utilize problem solving skills to resolve large and complex business problems
- Be an escalation point for vendor teams dealing with risk and fraud issues
- Rollout and incubate new risk management processes and workflows, and leverage analytics and automation to build business cases and continuously improve processes
- Design, manage & continuously improve KPIs and measure success across key risk prevention processes
- Gather, analyze and use relevant data to develop ways to improve the overall risk operations process
- 3+ years of work experience in managing fraud/risk across ecommerce, payments or operations fields
- Experience with managing projects relating to process design, driving efficiencies, identifying gaps and implementing improvements
- Experience with analytical problem solving, especially in an operational environment
- Experience with relationship building and collaborating with a diverse, global, cross-functional team
- Demonstrated experience working with ambiguity, adapting and learning new skill sets
- Experience conducting independent and thorough analysis, along with being consensus-building and results-oriented
- Experience with building connections and influencing teams through effective communication and collaboration
- Experience in process excellence for payments platforms/industry
- Experience with Web APIs and related technologies especially as applicable to Banks, payment platforms or projects involving Open Banking initiatives.
- Experience working with Indian Banks, other financial institutions or governing bodies in areas related to fraud in Digital Payments and related systems and processes.
- Knowledge of internet technologies, APIs, protocols, and web-based applications.
- Knowledge of Core Banking Systems of India, APIs and underlying technologies (UPI 1.0 &2.0, IMPS, NEFT, SWIFT) and the processes.
WhatsApp is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. You may view our Equal Employment Opportunity notice here. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. We may use your information to maintain the safety and security of Facebook, its employees, and others as required or permitted by law. You may view Facebook’s Pay Transparency Policy and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notice by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, WhatsApp participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
WhatsApp is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com .