WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. More than 1 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in low connectivity areas — making it accessible and reliable wherever you are. It's a simple and secure way to share your favorite moments, send important information or catch up with a friend. WhatsApp helps people connect and share no matter where they are in the world.
We are looking for a passionate leader to develop the Global Training team that is responsible for global on-boarding and functional training. In this role you will work closely with cross-functional partners, regional operations managers, outsourced partners and our Learning and Development team to define, deliver and execute our learning and training strategies for Customer Operations & Localization.
This role is based in Menlo Park.
- Lead and manage cross-regional training employees responsible for on-boarding, role training and learning & development
- Define and execute an on-boarding strategy and program content across Customer Operations to enable new employees and scaled partners to develop an understanding of our team’s values, policies, and processes.
- Establish team goals and mission statement aligned with the vision and strategy of the Customer Operations Team
- Drive the vision and strategy for enabling content development across a global, multicultural audiences
- Partner with other leads in Customer Operations and HRBPs to evolve specific learning objectives and goals for new and current employees
- Drive forward-thinking solutions to scale knowledge transfer across both internal teams and external vendors in multiple office locations
- Build a global program to develop, pilot, launch, and iterate on training assets including course materials, presentations, integrated curriculums etc.
- Work with cross-functional teams in assessing and identify training needs and gaps
- Conduct benchmarking and drive data driven solutions to scale and improve our training and on-boarding processes
- Role requires 10 - 20% travel
- 4+ years of leadership experience in Operations, with a deep expertise in the Training domain
- 3+ years of people management experience
- Experience with front of room presentation and/or facilitation
- Demonstrated ability to manage and grow global teams, while keeping pace with changing policies and standards
- Experience working directly with Operations and/or Customer Support teams and demonstrated understanding of the learning challenges faced in these environments
- Ability to work across a global multicultural and multilingual team, tackling problems and designing effective business operations
- Proven track record of building, managing and leading high performing and highly engaged teams in a constantly changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to mentor, coach and develop both managers and individual contributors
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with, influence and present to a variety of audiences, including global cross-functional leaders
- Experience in using data and measurement to influence learning strategies
- Experience with learning management systems and software
- Experience in curriculum building and instructional design
- Knowledge of a variety of instructional media including instructor-led, online, and virtual instructor-led training
- Experience in instructional design technology and adult education methodologies