WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. More than 1 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in low connectivity areas — making it accessible and reliable wherever you are. It's a simple and secure way to share your favorite moments, send important information or catch up with a friend. WhatsApp helps people connect and share no matter where they are in the world.
Customer Operations' mission is to make each user feel like WhatsApp is made for them. As the company launches a payments feature, an SMB app, an Enterprise solution and monetization initiatives, this mission takes on new dimensions and new levels of importance. We are looking for a strong leader who is passionate about WhatsApp. Successful candidates will learn about and take on WhatsApp's unique culture, and will leverage this to successfully guide the team through upcoming growth in our offices around the world. You are a demonstrated leader with deep experience running operations at scale and building large teams that demonstrate high user empathy and resilience. You love to coach and develop high performing individuals and managers. You are an influencer who can align cross-functional partners to ensure the best possible experience for our users. You are an energetic, passionate and strategic voice and seen as a thought leader. You are also user obsessed, have high business acumen and a product mindset. This is a full-time position based in Menlo Park, California.
- Provide strong and visionary leadership to your teams. Enhance and develop a strong team culture of trust and commitment to impact in how we support our users
- Lead and develop a team of senior managers that oversee operations in various functional areas in Menlo Park, Dublin and Austin
- Develop and grow the business & monetization arm of the team, partnering closely with key stakeholders across WhatsApp
- Be a trusted advisor for senior leadership on key business and operational activities primarily related to how we improve our overall support experience and mitigate legal, brand and regulatory risk
- Work with senior managers in Customer Operations to define vision, set and communicate team goals, and communicate strategy. Foster a culture of accountability and continuous improvement
- Drive forward creative solutions to continue to improve the following: our customer satisfaction, best in class support and localization, user trust in the security of our platform and how the team evangelizes feedback that improves our product.
- Develop strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders across WhatsApp and Facebook
- Drive thought leadership to define clear business problems and customer pain points, and influence how we prioritize solutions to resolve them. Partner closely with internal operations functions and across Product, Policy, Communication, Marketing and Legal
- Travel: role requires 10% - 20% travel
- BS/BA Degree or higher.
- WhatsApp user.
- 8+ years of experience managing large-scale operations in domains such as business and customer service.
- Knowledgeable in all factors of a mature operation. Understanding of core processes, ops management philosophies and best practices.
- 8+ years of people management experience, including managing leaders and managing remotely across multiple sites. Proven track record of attracting, scaling and developing high performing and highly engaged teams.
- Customer experience thought leadership: Strategic thinker with proven track record of transforming operations to improve the customer experience through innovation and championing the customer's voice.
- Communication: Articulate, with ability to maintain composure in a high-stakes/high-stress environment.