Menlo Park, California, US
WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. More than 1 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in low connectivity areas — making it accessible and reliable wherever you are. It's a simple and secure way to share your favorite moments, send important information or catch up with a friend. WhatsApp helps people connect and share no matter where they are in the world.
- Apply advanced localization subject matter knowledge to make strategic decisions for the growth of this team
- Analyze current challenges and pain points and provide optimal solutions
- Innovate and optimize current localization processes and define a scalable localization model for global sim-ship releases, within a continuous development environment
- Lead efforts for processes automations and localization tools improvements to increase efficiency and linguistic quality of the localized product
- Provide clear quality standards and address localization challenges across all platforms and channels in terms of style, consistency, and user experience.
- Establish solutions for gathering data on translation quality, analyze them, and make recommendations based on those results.
- Manage a team of localization specialists, promoting creativity and providing guidance
- Partner with Product and Development team and advocate for internationalization standards and best practices. Raise awareness and educate cross-functional partners. Advise engineering teams on the rollout and priorities of localization.
- Vendor relation management: manage a team of external contractors and relationship with localization vendor
- Develop and execute a localization schedule, in tandem with our Content team
- Collaborate closely with our Content Lead, to ensure that the localization and content teams form a cohesive Content & Localization Vertical
- Bachelor’s degree from the United States or equivalent university degree from another country
- 5+ years of project management experience with localization background.
- Established network within the localization industry and mobile app
- Experience with localization platforms, file formats and CAT tools or any similar in-house localization tools and platform that manages and/or automates the translation workflow.
- Mentoring and management experience
- Reporting, data analysis, vendor relations, and stakeholder management.
- Fluency in at least one language other than English (writing, reading, speaking)
- Ability to multitask and manage competing priorities
- Ability to balance independent tasks / goals while contributing to team goals and collaborating with other team members
- Understanding of the technical architecture of complex and highly scalable web applications
- Coaching and management experience