WhatsApp is the world's fastest growing communication company with over 1 billion active users globally. We help bring friends, families, communities, soccer groups, doctors, storm chasers, and millions of others together. We are just getting started. We are looking for the best individuals to grow and support this incredible community of users. WhatsApp has been ranked as one of the Top 25 Most downloaded apps in over 100 countries on the App Store and has received over 1 Billion installs on Google Play.
We are looking for proactive and motivated people to join our team – those who constantly look for solutions to problems and evaluate ways to be more efficient and effective. We are a team that thrives on people identifying ways they can contribute to get the job done, and how their unique backgrounds and strengths can contribute to team goals. Using your start-up mindset and your experience with smartphones, you will help support and test awesome features used by millions of current WhatsApp users. If you are looking for a fun full time job, have an Android, iPhone, Windows Phone or other smartphone, and consider yourself a smartphone gadget geek, keep on reading...
- Provide friendly and efficient customer support via email in English and Brazilian Portuguese to WhatsApp users around the world
- Troubleshoot user issues and escalate issues / feedback to developers appropriately
- Be an advocate for the user base you support and a voice of the user to the rest of the company
- Continually learn how WhatsApp works on different smartphone operating systems and what features are available on each platform
- Evaluate the organization of your workflow to find new issues in the support queues and improved ways of handling existing issues
- Help translate the WhatsApp application and all supporting content into Brazilian Portuguese
- Bachelors degree from the United States or equivalent university degree from another country
- 1+ years of customer service experience
- Ability to use and learn the iOS, Android, and Windows Phone operating systems
- Ability to multitask and manage competing priorities
- Bilingual in English and Brazilian Portuguese (read, write and speak)
- Demonstrated ability composing accurate and appropriate answers to help users.
- Ability to balance independent tasks / goals while contributing to team goals and collaborating with other team members
- Must be eligible to work in the US
- No international relocation
- Daily or weekly WhatsApp user with a passion for the product and ensuring a good user experience
- Knowledge of the Brazil region and its culture
- Technical Support background
- 4+ years of in country experience within the last 10 years