Legal Operations and Program Manager, WhatsApp
Menlo Park, California, US
This position is a generalist role and will include responsibilities for helping administer WhatsApp’s legal team operations, including its law firm relationships. Additionally, this role will include program management across the range of legal areas handled by the WhatsApp legal team, including contracts, intellectual property, product, privacy and litigation. You must have flexibility to adapt to changing priorities, business and organizational needs. In addition, you must have the ability to operate independently in a fast-paced, small but growing environment and work proactively with various teams across the organization, including business, product, customer support, communications, policy, human resources and finance. This is a full-time position based in WhatsApp’s offices in Menlo Park, California. The position will report to WhatsApp’s Legal Operations and Program Management lead.
- Help manage WhatsApp’s legal operations, including law firm relationships and billing.
- Support rollout of and training on new systems and programs designed to improve team efficiency, effectiveness, and development.
- Support contract operations and governance, including management of forms and approvals and signing processes.
- Assist with IP matters such as anti-infringement efforts.
- Support and manage other legal programs such as those related to product and privacy.
- Manage notices and customer support matters that require legal attention.
- Support litigation, including matter management and discovery.
- Support and manage other projects within the legal team as they arise.
- Some travel may be required.
- B.A. or B.S. degree.
- 5+ years experience in the areas of legal operations or legal program management in house or at a law firm.
- Experience in legal operations, including with respect to law firms and building.
- Experience developing and implementing legal tools and programs, including those to improve efficiencies, effectiveness, and development.
- Experience in contract operations and governance, IP programs and/or program management related to product, privacy, or litigation.
- Analytical and problem-solving experience.
- Leadership experience with a track record of building relationships.
- Organizational, coordination, and multi-tasking experience.
- Experience working between projects spanning multiple stakeholders and subject matters.
- Experience working independently and as part of a team.
- Experience taking on projects involving unfamiliar subject matters.
- Experience working with and managing outside counsel.
- Technology company experience.
WhatsApp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or you may call us at +1 650-308-7837.