This position will support our business team and will involve a wide-range of global work related to general business advice, growth, marketing, transactions and products in support of a number of WhatsApp’s initiatives. You must have flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and organizational needs. In addition, you must have the ability to operate independently in a fast-paced, small but growing environment and work proactively with various teams, including the business, marketing, product management, engineering, finance, tax, policy, communications and customer support teams. This is a full-time position based in WhatsApp’s offices in Menlo Park, California.
- Provide strategic and tactical legal advice to our business team to support their growth, marketing, transactions and product objectives.
- Support and negotiate a wide-range of partnership, commercial, product and other transactions.
- Counsel on product development and regulatory issues related to a number of WhatsApp’s initiatives to better connect users with businesses.
- Collaborate with the business, marketing, product management, engineering, finance, tax, policy, communications and customer support teams.
- Support other areas as necessary, including support of monetization and commerce initiatives.
- Travel domestically and internationally as required.
- J.D. degree and membership in at least one state bar.
- 5+ years of combined law firm and/or in-house experience with internet or technology companies.
- Experience taking on projects involving unfamiliar subject matters.
- Experience supporting a global business team in the areas of growth, monetization and commerce.
- Experience with commercial transactions and product/regulatory counseling related to global telecom, monetization, commerce/payments, marketing, consumer protection, privacy, data security and intellectual property law.