WhatsApp is the world's fastest growing communication company with over 1 billion active users globally. We help bring friends, families, communities, soccer groups, storm chasers and millions of others together. We are just getting started. We are looking for the best individuals to grow and support this incredible community of users. WhatsApp has been ranked as one of the Top 25 Most Downloaded apps in over 100 countries on the App Store and has received over 1 billion installs on Google Play. This position will support our business team and will involve a wide-range of global work related to general business advice, growth, marketing, transactions and products in support of a number of WhatsApp’s initiatives. You must have flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and organizational needs. In addition, you must have the ability to operate independently in a fast-paced, small but growing environment and work proactively with various teams, including the business, marketing, product management, engineering, finance, tax, policy, communications and customer support teams. This is a full-time position based in WhatsApp’s offices in Menlo Park, California..
- Provide strategic and tactical legal advice to our business team to support their growth, marketing, transactions and product objectives.
- Support and negotiate a wide-range of partnership, commercial, product and other transactions.
- Counsel on product development and regulatory issues related to a number of WhatsApp growth initiatives.
- Collaborate with the business, marketing, product management, engineering, finance, tax, policy, communications and customer support teams.
- Support other areas as necessary, including support of monetization and commerce initiatives.
- Travel domestically and internationally as required
- J.D. degree and membership in at least one state bar
- 8+ years of combined law firm and/or in-house experience with internet or technology companies.
- Experience supporting a global business team in the areas of growth, monetization and commerce.
- Experience with commercial transactions and product and regulatory counseling related to global telecom, monetization, commerce/payments, marketing, consumer protection, privacy, data security and intellectual property law.
- Experience taking on projects involving unfamiliar subject matters.