Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. More than 1 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in low connectivity areas — making it accessible and reliable wherever you are. It's a simple and secure way to share your favorite moments, send important information or catch up with a friend. WhatsApp helps people connect and share no matter where they are in the world.
Commerce is a fast growing function within Whatsapp. We are seeking a strong leader in a new team sitting within Customer Operations to define and deliver commerce programs and support buyer and seller experiences.
- Use commerce and both product & industry knowledge while serving as a strong cross-functional leader to optimise support and the experience of Whatsapp users for Commerce
- Leverage strong project management and communication skills to translate Whatsapp commerce roadmaps to effective execution plans for customer care and XFN partners
- Take ownership for the end to end customer care launch readiness framework and launch readiness plans ensuring customer support and cross functional ownership of work streams and tasks is clear and that overall progress is effectively managed and communicated
- Ensure the framework optimises the commerce user experience for a wide variety of workflows including multi-channel customer correspondence, user end to end journeys, reporting & analytics, tool & infrastructure development, new product testing, support and vendor management.
- Working with commerce analysts to ensure that the framework is continuously improving and evolving as our maturity model evolves
- Make sure that customer support has a proactive and clear voice in central commerce launch planning across all cross functional partners including partnerships, contract, commercial, product, engineering, policy and any other areas that develop over time.
- Ensure clear management and communication of overall commerce program critical paths and statuses to leadership
- Manage and own program risks through excellent collaboration and communication across teams ensuring timely and effective mitigation/trade off or escalation strategies.
- Build and maintain strong relationships across a broad network of XFN partners ensuring clear and timely communication to diverse stakeholder teams and senior leadership
- Ensure that there is a clear hand-over path and plans from delivery to support post launch with clear owners, roles and responsibilities in place as part of launch. Ensure lessons learned is embedded in the process.
- Ensure project outcomes are tied to measurable improvements and linked to business critical/strategic KPIs. These are used to drive “Pivot vs Persevere” recommendations/actions where required.
- 8+ years experience in project/program management, business strategy, consulting, research, or operations
- 5+ years of people management experience
- Relevant experience in fast moving ecommerce industry, strong preference for in an ecommerce care delivery role including buyer and seller experiences.
- Experience prioritizing and managing multiple programs and projects simultaneously under timelines and shifting priorities
- Experience working directly with senior leadership as well as individual contributors at all levels, including executive level, both inside and outside of a company and delivering thought leadership through insights
- Experience developing interpersonal relationships with cross-functional partners
- Experience shifting priorities quickly and acting proactively
- Experience leading and developing teams, with focus on employee support and growth
- PMI/Prince II qualifications preferred
WhatsApp is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. You may view our Equal Employment Opportunity notice here. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. You may view Facebook’s Pay Transparency Policy and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notice by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, WhatsApp participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
WhatsApp is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com .