WhatsApp is the world's fastest growing communication company with over 1 billion active users globally. We help bring friends, families, communities, soccer groups, doctors, storm chasers, and millions of others together. We are just getting started. We are looking for the best individuals to grow and support this incredible community of users. WhatsApp has been ranked as one of the Top 25 Most downloaded apps in over 100 countries on the App Store and has received over 1 Billion installs on Google Play.
As a Product Designer, you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from brainstorming the next product innovation to tweaking pixels right before launch. You will use your start-up mindset and your full range of product design, interaction design, visual design, and prototyping skills to produce elegantly simple designs. You’ll be expected to push the boundaries of what’s possible in a mobile app, while sharing in our healthy obsession for quality.
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable for our 1 billion+ users
- Design flows and experiences that are incredibly simple and elegant for our supported mobile platforms
- Seek out creative, design-led solutions to challenging problems
- Partner with other designers and engineers to oversee the user experience of new features and products from conception until launch (and then some)
- You can think at a high level about creative strategy and vision (not just 'how it should look' but 'what we should build')
- 4+ years of experience in designing, building and shipping quality mobile apps across a variety of platforms and form factors
- 3+ years of experience in interaction and visual design
- 1+ years of experience in prototyping (using Framer, Pixate, etc) and motion design
- A portfolio showcasing your work
- You have a knack for motion design
- You’re able to adapt your designs across platforms and form factors with an understanding of the opportunities with and limitations of different platforms and form factors
- You have demonstrated communication skills and you can articulate your design decisions