We're looking for an experienced communications professional to help tell WhatsApp's story of how people and businesses use our products to communicate. The successful candidate will lead a broad range of communication efforts including events, product launches, research, and executive communications. This is a great opportunity for someone wanting to make an impact as part of a small, nimble team serving more than 1.2 billion people around the world.
The successful candidate will be experienced at devising and executing complex media campaigns, handling issues and crisis management, and working collaboratively with executives and media alike. The candidate should have a keen understanding of the role technology plays in business and consumer interactions.
This is a full-time position and will be located in Menlo Park, California.
- Devise and execute major communications strategies and campaigns to support WhatsApp’s strategic business objectives.
- Manage a broad range of proactive and reactive projects.
- Work cross-functionally with Product, Policy, Corporate, and International Communications teams on media opportunities and broader programs.
- Work with senior executives and teams across the company including Engineering, Product, Marketing and Legal teams.
- Build deep relationships with press, bloggers, analysts, influencers and other external stakeholders about core products and initiatives.
- Work closely with external PR agencies to lead proactive and reactive PR.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, communications, English or other relevant field
- 6+ years of professional experience in communications and/or public relations on the international stage
- Experience working with C-suite executives
- Held Corporate or B2B Communication roles
- Blend of Corporate and Product Communications experience
- Experience working with and managing international PR agencies