Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
As Strategic Partner Manager within the WhatsApp Partnerships team, you will play a key role in supporting the policy teams, defining and driving impactful partnerships, solving complex problems and building programs that power WhatsApp, proactively protect our product in constantly shifting landscapes and drive growth across the platform specifically within the UK, France and Germany.
We're looking for proven analytical skills and the ability to effectively influence and communicate with all levels of management. You'll enjoy a team-oriented environment, working cross-functionally with the Policy, Product, Business Development, Communications, Sales, Marketing, Operations and Engineering teams to develop new ways we can improve the WhatsApp Business Messaging experience. This is a full-time position based in London.
Competitive Salary including the following benefits apply: Medical, Dental, Vision, Pension, Life assurance, Childcare, Gym, Transport, Laundry.
Posted: 22nd of January 2020. Closing date: 21st of February 2020.
- Assist in the development, maintenance, and deepening of relationships with government entities, NGOs, academic experts and other stakeholders to cultivate expert resources and third party engagement needed by public policy, programs, communications, and other teams throughout WhatsApp
- Develop and Implement the business plans for Government, NGO’s, Mobile Network Operators, Banks, Utility companies and other applicable strategic partners to scale usage of WhatsApp’s products and services (Business API, SMB App, Payments etc)
- Identify and analyze policy risks and opportunities, trends, and issues and share learnings with all teams involved across the company as you work with them in planning, analyzing, and responding strategically to related legislative and regulatory initiatives, and as you work to shape policy in Europe
- Provide feedback on the potential impact of our policies, products, and features, to ensure policy issues are appropriately considered in their development, and assist with landing of the same among policymakers, thought leaders, advocates, and civil society in country
- Define joint business plans within direct clients aligned to regional expectations and ensure delivery against plans
- Maintain account plans and build close working relationships with key stakeholders in the marketplace
- Present to and consult with management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products
- Provide an objective policy & commercial viewpoint based on an in-depth understanding and analysis of in market information
- Work in a fast-paced and iterative environment with leaders across Policy, Engineering, Product, Communications, Sales, Marketing, Finance, Legal, Policy and Partner management teams
- Work with Product and Engineering teams to identify product gaps that can be addressed through partnerships
- Support ideation, partnership development, and launch of innovative products and features on WhatsApp
- Along with cross functional teams, create, maintain and influence relationships with key ecosystem players in the region to help establish a narrative of WhatsApp for good
- BA/BS in Business or management related field (In lieu of degree, 7+ years of relevant work experience)
- 10+ or more years of experience in Business Development
- 7+ years experience in Account Management
- Experience in Policy focused roles
- Experience delivering partnerships from inception to delivery
- Experience operating autonomously across multiple teams, demonstrated critical thinking, and thought leadership
- Organizational, coordination and multi-tasking experience
- Analytical and problem-solving experience with large-scale systems
- Experience establishing work relationships across multi-disciplinary teams and multiple partners in different time zones
- Capacity to get things done at short notice while collecting information from a variety of internal and external sources
- Experience within cPaaS, SaaS or enterprise software environments
- Proven experience creating, negotiating and closing complex deals
- Fluency in German or French languages both spoken & written
WhatsApp is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. You may view our Equal Employment Opportunity notice here. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. You may view Facebook’s Pay Transparency Policy and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notice by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, WhatsApp participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
WhatsApp is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org .