WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. More than 1 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in low connectivity areas — making it accessible and reliable wherever you are. It's a simple and secure way to share your favorite moments, send important information or catch up with a friend. WhatsApp helps people connect and share no matter where they are in the world.
WhatsApp is seeking an exceptional individual to drive business development for the WhatsApp organization at Facebook. This job requires high levels of creativity and strategic thinking, with a global mindset, as you'll be responsible for developing and executing WhatsApp messaging and product partnerships on a worldwide basis. We also expect you to define various strategies for different verticals and geographies if needed, deep dive into needs of the partners across the entire value chain (aggregators, integration partners) and deliver these insights back to product and marketing teams to support their decision-making process on product and go to market strategies.
You should be as comfortable pitching and negotiating deals with partners as working cross-functionally with colleagues in Product, Engineering, Customer Support, Finance, Marketing, and Legal to negotiate and launch partnerships that meet the strategic objectives of WhatsApp. You should also expect to handle day-to-day operations and partnership management with key partners around the world, and develop and execute on strategic initiatives.
- Develop and execute WhatsApp commercial messaging product and partner strategy to support WhatsApp across key vertical and geographies.
- Structure, negotiate and close relevant partnerships
- Perform strategic and quantitative analysis, determine appropriate business models, deal frameworks, and strategy for negotiations.
- Source and identify partnering prospects that further WhatsApp’s strategic growth objectives
- Working with product and engineering, develop new strategies and opportunities.
- Analyze the industry/competitive landscape and stay abreast of new industry trends.
- Develop a broad range relationships across the industry with third parties for future roadmap prospects.
- Communicate broadly with internal partners the knowledge and information you gather on the competitive landscape to help shape and drive future strategies.
- Work collaboratively with internal cross-functional teams and build strong relationships across departments including, product, engineering, legal marketing, finance, and PR.
- 10+ years of experience in technology companies structuring and negotiating complex agreements with third parties for the development and launch of global services.
- Collaboration and relationship-building skills, with the ability to develop working relationships at all levels of management, both inside and outside of WhatsApp and Facebook.
- Communication and presentation skills, and the ability to clarify and summarize issues.
- Proven track record of initiating, launching and driving new business opportunities at a global scale.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about issues and develop strategies, leading to recommendations and action plans.
- Broad business acumen to tackle a wide range of issues in an integrated fashion (e.g. markets, competition, business models, operations, organization)
- Spanish and/or Portuguese language skills.
- Experience in mobile and software licensing in a combination of roles – business development, partnerships, and/or product management.
- Prior experience managing, developing, and growing individual contributors.