1. Create a backup of your WhatsApp Messenger account: If you’re transferring a WhatsApp Messenger account to WhatsApp Business, we recommend creating a backup. Not creating a backup could result in the loss of your chat history. Open WhatsApp Messenger. On Android, tap then tap Settings . On iPhone, tap Settings from your chats screen. From Settings, tap Chats then Chat backup then Back Up or Back Up Now. Once your backup is complete, move on to the next step.
2. Download and launch the WhatsApp Business app: The WhatsApp Business app is free to download on the Google Play Store and the Apple App Store. Tap the WhatsApp Business icon on your home screen.
3. Review the Terms of Service: Read the WhatsApp Business Terms of Service, then tap Agree and Continue to accept the terms.
4. Register: WhatsApp Business automatically identifies the number you’re using in WhatsApp Messenger. To continue, tap the option with your business number.
5. Transfer your account: Keep the WhatsApp Business app open and your phone turned on until the account transfer process is complete. While the transfer happens automatically, you might be prompted to restore from your backup. Tap Continue or Restore. Then, tap Next if prompted.
6. Allow access to contacts and photos: Contacts can be added to the WhatsApp Business app from your phone’s address book. You can also allow access to your phone’s photos, videos, and files.
7. Create an account: Fill out your business name, select a business category, and choose a profile picture.
8. Build your business profile: Tap EXPLORE > Business profile. Here, you can add important business information like your business address, description, hours, and more.
9. Start a chat. Your business profile is now set up. Tap or , then search for or select a contact to message. Enter a message in the text field. Then, tap or .
The WhatsApp Business app has several tools to help you run your business efficiently. To explore these tools, go to your chats screen. Tap More Optionson Android or Settings on iPhone. Then, tap Business tools.