3. Register: Select your country from the drop-down list to add your country code, then enter your phone number in international phone number format. Tap Done or Next, then tap Ok to receive your 6-digit registration code via SMS or phone call. To complete registration, enter your 6-digit code. Learn how to register your phone number on Android, iPhone, or KaiOS.
4. Set up your profile: In your new profile, enter your name, and then tap Next. You can also add a profile photo.
5. Allow access to contacts and photos: Contacts can be added to WhatsApp from your phone’s address book. You can also allow access to your phone’s photos, videos, and files.
6. Start a chat: Tap or , then search for a contact to begin. Enter a message in the text field. To send photos or videos, tap or next to the text field. Choose Camera to take a new photo or video or Gallery or Photo and Video Library to select an existing photo or video from your phone. Then, tap or .
7. Create a group: You can create a group with up to 256 participants. Tap or , then New group. Search for or select contacts to add to the group, then tap Next. Enter a group subject and tap or Create.
• Voice messages: If you don’t want to type a message, you can send an audio recording. Tap and hold or to record the message. To stop recording, let go of the microphone. Learn how to send and play voice messages on Android, iPhone, or KaiOS.
Customize privacy and security features
WhatsApp makes it simple to understand and customize your privacy and security. Learn more on our privacy page.
Fact-check the information you receive
Consider whether the messages you receive are true, because not everything you hear will be accurate. If you don’t know who sent the message you received, we encourage you to double-check information with trusted fact-checking organizations. Learn more about how to prevent the spread of misinformation in this article.
To help prevent the spread of misinformation, we limit how you can forward messages. You can easily identify forwarded messages because they have a Forwarded label. When a message is forwarded from one user to another user many times, it’s indicated with a double arrow icon . You can learn about forwarding limits in this article.