Localization Project Manager
Menlo Park, California, US
WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. More than 1 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in low connectivity areas — making it accessible and reliable wherever you are. It's a simple and secure way to share your favorite moments, send important information or catch up with a friend. WhatsApp helps people connect and share no matter where they are in the world.
- Engage and build relationships with cross-functional teams and stakeholders (Product, Engineering, Marketing, Content etc.) to evangelize localization and internationalization best practices and to launch successful localized products
- Plan and manage localization schedules, collaborating cross-functionally with other localization PMs and vendors to define requirements and manage timelines. Provide reference material, training and support for the localizers
- Design and implement efficient and scalable end-to-end localization frameworks for multiple products and diverse content types
- Drive initiatives to foster innovation within strategic areas of focus such as internationalization, data, quality, tools and process optimization
- Analyze current pain points in workflows and tools and actively provide recommendations for scalable solutions
- Make independent decisions and work well under pressure, in the face of ambiguity and aggressive deadlines
- 5+ years of localization project/program management experience
- BA/BS or 5+ years equivalent work experience in translation, localization, internationalization, project management, or program management
- Experience with localization platforms, file formats and CAT tools to manage and/or automate the translation workflow
- Communication experience, experience working across time zones, cultures and with stakeholders
- Experience prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated knowledge of internationalization and localization standards and best practices
- Must have the ability to obtain work authorization in the United States at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- No international relocation
- Experience analyzing data sets, define metrics and create dashboards that can be used to make business decisions
- Hands-on experience with project set-up, assignment and tracking within Memsource for large and complex projects
- Knowledge of additional languages other than English
WhatsApp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
WhatsApp is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.