Anti-Abuse Specialist, WhatsApp Business - Trust & Safety
Austin, Texas, US
WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. More than 1 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in low connectivity areas — making it accessible and reliable wherever you are. It's a simple and secure way to share your favorite moments, send important information or catch up with a friend. WhatsApp helps people connect and share no matter where they are in the world.
- Develop a deep understanding of abuse and how it affects WhatsApp Business Products
- Be responsible for end-to-end operational process and handle escalations by providing business solution
- Work collaboratively with product, product marketing, partnerships, research, product policy and engineering to ensure we focus on resolving user issues, identify user trends
- Communicate insights around the abuse ecosystem to Product Management, Engineering, and other cross-functional partners
- Use your problem solving skills to resolve large and complex business problems
- Gather, analyze and utilize relevant data to develop ways to improve the overall user support experience
- Escalate key policy gaps to policy partners, legal and community operations, taking ownership of driving collaborative efforts to close these gaps
- Highly motivated and hard-working with ability to think clearly under pressure, both individually and in team environment
- BA/BS or equivalent degree from another country
- 3+ year(s) of work experience in role involving strategic/analytical initiatives (operations, project management, consulting experience, data analysis or technical systems)
- Experience with project management
- Experience solving problems, analyzing data and using data in solving and providing practical business insights
- Experience with assessing, analyzing and resolving issues
- Experience with working on multiple tasks both independently and within a team environment
- Experience with SQL
- Experience resolving and communicating about issues with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience working with global teams
- Experience with working with abuse, spam or fraud detection, trust & safety issues.
WhatsApp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
WhatsApp is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.