Localization Project Managers, Manager
Menlo Park, California, US
WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. More than 1 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in low connectivity areas — making it accessible and reliable wherever you are. It's a simple and secure way to share your favorite moments, send important information or catch up with a friend. WhatsApp helps people connect and share no matter where they are in the world.
- Provide mentorship, guidance and career development to a team of Project Managers responsible for the end-to-end localization of the WhatsApp Product UI and Legal, Marketing, and Support content in up to 60 languages.
- Craft expectations and goals for the team that align with the Localization Team's and WhatsApp's mission. Develop and implement meaningful KPIs.
- Provide support in navigating change as Localization processes, tools and the company's business needs evolve. Foster strategic thinking, risk-taking and inclusiveness within the team.
- Work closely with internal tools teams, stakeholders and vendor teams to identify opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness of current processes and workflows. Drive the team to execute improvement plans that will deliver an optimal experience to international users.
- Drive fact-based decisions and monitor key metrics to measure business impact of process improvements.
- Actively manage localization projects to get first-hand exposure to the tools, processes and workflows that your team handles on a daily basis.
- Advocate on behalf of the Localization team. Build partnerships with key organizations including Product, Engineering, Marketing, Legal, Content and Customer Support. Identify opportunities to foster an international mindset across the company.
- Build empathy and passion for user experience in international markets. Be an internal advocate for the global WhatsApp user base.
- BA/BS or equivalent 4-year university degree
- 3+ years of people management experience
- 5+ years of experience in localization project/program management, QA testing, Linguistic QA management
- Hands-on experience with localization platforms, file formats and CAT tools that manage and/or automate the translation workflow
- Experience in building, managing and leading teams in a constantly changing environment. Demonstrated experience in mentoring, coaching and developing individual contributors
- Demonstrated experience communicating with, influencing and presenting to a variety of audiences, including global cross-functional leaders
- Localization thought leadership: track record of managing localization operations to delight clients/ stakeholders through innovation and continuous improvement
- Must have the ability to obtain work authorization in the United States at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- No international relocation
- Experience analyzing data sets, define metrics and create dashboards that can be used to make business decisions
- Hands-on experience with project set-up, assignment and tracking within Memsource for large and complex projects
- Experience building programs, setting up processes and workflows from scratch
- Bilingual in English and a foreign language
- A thoughtfully developed sense of humor
WhatsApp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
WhatsApp is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.