Frontend Engineer, WhatsApp Monetization
Menlo Park, California, US
WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. More than 1 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in low connectivity areas — making it accessible and reliable wherever you are. It's a simple and secure way to share your favorite moments, send important information or catch up with a friend. WhatsApp helps people connect and share no matter where they are in the world.
- Build business.whatsapp.com (http://business.whatsapp.com/) from ground up using React, Redux and HTML/CSS that will be entry point for any Business globally to onboard onto the WhatsApp platform
- Build a highly performant and lightweight frontend application that is deployed with our on-premise Enterprise API solution
- Work closely with, and incorporate feedback from PMs, designers, businesses in emerging markets and other engineers
- Building products that can be used globally with a strong focus on quality and attention to detail
- Experience creating interfaces using React, Redux and HTML/CSS
- Knowledge of design patterns used for developing frontend applications
- Experience developing web applications that work across multiple devices and screen sizes
- Understanding of the web technology stack (HTTP, WebSockets, cookies, asset loading/caching)
- Experience with React, Angular, WebPack
- Experience with Sass and Compass
- Experience building on different browsers and know how to use new browser features without breaking the app in other modern browsers
- Data-informed product development: analytics, A/B testing, etc.
- Experience building REST APIs in PHP or similar languages
WhatsApp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or you may call us at +1 650-308-7837.