Build and Release Engineer
Menlo Park, California, US
WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. More than 1 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in low connectivity areas — making it accessible and reliable wherever you are. It's a simple and secure way to share your favorite moments, send important information or catch up with a friend. WhatsApp helps people connect and share no matter where they are in the world.
- Understand the details of our container building process and be able to do ad-hoc builds with release notes and publish to production as needed
- Build framework for daily or per-commit builds
- Maintain ownership of our existing regression suite
- Fix bugs, extend suite to test all new features
- Write new test scripts and review code, develop documentation and capacity plans with other developers
- 1 year or more of UNIX and TCP/IP network fundamentals
- Experience with large-scale internet service architectures (such as load balancing, LAMP, CDN’s)
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with container, orchestration, or micro services
WhatsApp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or you may call us at +1 650-308-7837.