Menlo Park, California, US
WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. More than 1 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in low connectivity areas — making it accessible and reliable wherever you are. It's a simple and secure way to share your favorite moments, send important information or catch up with a friend. WhatsApp helps people connect and share no matter where they are in the world.
Join a world-class engineering-driven company, where you'll have instant impact from day one. We want the most creative and experienced engineering leaders to join us in making the world more open and connected. We embrace entrepreneurs as well as those who come from more established organizations. We're looking for Software Engineering Managers with progressive technical experience, a demonstrated progression of management scope, sharp coding skills, and a passion for managing outstanding engineers in a fast-paced environment.
- Be both a highly technical, hands-on and effective people manager.
- Communicate cross-functionally and drive engineering efforts.
- Hold your own in technical discussion, be a subject matter expert, and have strategic influence.
- 5+ years of software engineering work experience, including hands-on technical management.
- 5+ years coding in one of the following languages: Erlang, C, C++, Java or Go server code.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit and manage technical teams, including performance management.
- Proven ability to operate autonomously across multiple teams.
- Work with multi-node cluster handling live traffic.
- Scale servers and networks to handle millions of users.
- Understanding of Unix internals (especially FreeBSD and Linux).
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, experience with network programming.
- Experience building and scaling distributed, highly available systems.
- BA/BS in Computer Science (In lieu of degree, 4+ years relevant work experience).
WhatsApp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call us at +1 650-308-7837.