Software Engineer, University Grad
Menlo Park, California, US
WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. More than 1 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in low connectivity areas — making it accessible and reliable wherever you are. It's a simple and secure way to share your favorite moments, send important information or catch up with a friend. WhatsApp helps people connect and share no matter where they are in the world.
Join a world-class engineering-driven company, where you'll have instant impact from day one. WhatsApp has an open culture and flat organization. Every engineer is literally sitting a few steps away from the founders. As a member of our engineering team you will tackle challenging issues of scale, reliability and security while delivering a delightful, simple user experience to a global user base. If you love writing code, hate tons of meetings, then come talk to us.
We are looking for full time software engineers to join the following teams: Android, iOS, Windows Phone, Server, Web, and Internal Tools.
- Work on a very small team to create new, awesome features for millions of users
- Write efficient, maintainable code for mobile phones
- Own release and QA cycles of your code
- Pursuing BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with Java, Objective-C, C#, or C/C++ programming and debugging skills
- Understanding of application architecture and object-oriented design
- Knowledgeable in the following areas: multi-threaded programming, TCP/IP sockets, SQLite
- Android and iOS development experience
- Working experience with networking and messaging protocols
WhatsApp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or you may call us at +1 650-308-7837.