WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. More than 1 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in low connectivity areas — making it accessible and reliable wherever you are. It's a simple and secure way to share your favorite moments, send important information or catch up with a friend. WhatsApp helps people connect and share no matter where they are in the world.
Join a world-class engineering-driven company, where you'll have instant impact from day one. WhatsApp has an open culture and flat organization. Every engineer is literally sitting a few steps away from the founders. As a member of our engineering team you will tackle challenging issues of scale, reliability and security while delivering a delightful, simple user experience to a global user base. If you love writing code, hate tons of meetings, then come talk to us.
- Help build the mobile based version of WhatsApp on web/desktop/tablet platforms
- Work closely with, and incorporate feedback from PMs, designers and other engineers
- Create new, awesome features for millions of users
- Write efficient, maintainable code for hand held devices
- Experience developing responsive mobile/web applications that work across multiple devices (preferred/required)
- Must be a self-starter and enjoy working in a team with other passionate professionals
- Minimum 5+ years experience or demonstrated ability to launch a product from conception to end
- BS in CS or equivalent
- Nice to have:
- Solid understanding of the full web technology stack (HTTP, WebSockets, cookies, asset loading / caching)
- Data-informed product development: analytics, A/B testing, etc
- Strong understanding of application architecture and object-oriented design
- Android, iOS development experience, with deep knowledge of best practices, APIs and libraries