Anti-Abuse Specialist, Trust and Safety
Menlo Park, California, US
WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. More than 1 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in low connectivity areas — making it accessible and reliable wherever you are. It's a simple and secure way to share your favorite moments, send important information or catch up with a friend. WhatsApp helps people connect and share no matter where they are in the world.
- Develop a deep understanding of abuse and how it affects WhatsApp
- Work directly with users and provide scaled support to resolve their issues, identify user trends, and work with cross-functional partners to resolve issues
- Communicate insights around the abuse ecosystem to Product Management, Engineering, and other cross-functional partners
- Use your problem solving skills to resolve large and complex business problems
- Gather, analyze and utilize relevant data to develop ways to improve the overall user support experience
- Use and learn tools like SQL and Excel to drive efficient analytics and reporting
- Highly motivated and hard-working with ability to think clearly under pressure, both individually and in team environment
- BA/BS or equivalent university degree from another country
- 1+ year(s) of work experience in role involving strategic/analytical initiatives (operations, project management, consulting experience, data analysis or technical systems)
- Experience taking multiple tasks within a team environment
- Communication and presentation skills, and the ability to clarify and summarize issues
- Experience working with global teams
- 6+ months work experience with SQL
- Ability to think strategically using analytical problem-solving skills
- Ability to assess, analyze and resolve complicated issues, and distill that complexity into simple and concise communication
- Analytical skills, with experience solving problems using data and providing practical business insights
- Ability to think under pressure, both individually and in team environment
WhatsApp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call us at +1 650-308-7837.