Market Specialist, German
Menlo Park, California, US
WhatsApp is the world’s largest and fastest growing communications company with more than 1 billion active users globally. Using your start-up mindset and your experience with smartphones, you will help support and test awesome features used by millions of current WhatsApp users. If you are looking for a fun full time job, have an Android, iPhone, Windows Phone or other smartphone, and consider yourself a smartphone gadget geek, keep on reading...
- Provide friendly and efficient customer support via email in English and German to WhatsApp users around the world
- Troubleshoot user issues and escalate issues to developers and other cross-functional partners
- Be an advocate for the user base you support and a voice of the user to the rest of the company
- Continually learn how WhatsApp works on different smartphone operating systems and what features are available on each platform
- Evaluate the organization of your workflow to find new issues in the support queues and improved ways of handling existing issues
- Bachelor's degree from the United States or equivalent university degree from another country
- 1+ years customer support experience
- Ability to use and learn the iOS, Android, and Windows Phone operating systems
- Ability to multitask and manage competing priorities
- Bilingual in English and German (read, write and speak)
- Demonstrated ability composing accurate and appropriate answers to help users
- Ability to balance independent tasks/goals while contributing to team goals and collaborating with other team members
- Must be eligible to work in the US
- No international relocation
- Knowledge of German speaking countries and their culture
- Communication and presentation skills, and the ability to clarify and summarize issues
- Technical Support background
- 4+ years of in country experience within the last 10 years
WhatsApp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or you may call us at +1 650-308-7837.