Menlo Park, California, US
WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. More than 1 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in low connectivity areas — making it accessible and reliable wherever you are. It's a simple and secure way to share your favorite moments, send important information or catch up with a friend. WhatsApp helps people connect and share no matter where they are in the world.
- Build/maintain reports, dashboards, and metrics that equips the CO organization to scale successfully
- Engage in discussions to identify problems, quantify and improve the quality of workflows through data analyzes
- Run SQL queries, provide reports or updates
- Build data expertise and own data quality for allocated areas of ownership
- Create pipelines and queries in our data warehouse to analyze large sets of internal data
- Mentor others as needed on best practices for design and implementation of cutting-edge analytics solutions
- Leverage data to understand our products in depth, identify areas of opportunity, and support projects to drive growth and engagement
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics or other technical field
- 2+ years experience in using SQL
- 2+ year(s) experience building data reporting
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data to identify deliverables, gaps and inconsistencies
- Demonstrated ability to identify and communicate data driven insights
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize among conflicting demands
- Experience using languages and packages such as R, MATLAB, SPSS, SAS, Stata, etc.
- Experience with at least one scripting language (PHP, Python, Perl, etc.)
- Experience with large data sets and distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop)
- Experience using Tableau
WhatsApp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call us at +1 650-308-7837.