WhatsApp Trust & Safety Lead – EMEA
WhatsApp seeks a highly motivated team player to serve as its Trust & Safety Lead based in Dublin, Ireland. The position will be responsible for developing and maintaining strategic relationships with law enforcement authorities and government agencies, with an Internet safety and security focus. The position will also manage tactical responses to events related to the law enforcement community. This is a great opportunity to join a growing team and to work on novel issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
This position is a full time role located in Dublin, Ireland and would entail frequent travel in the European Region, and overseas.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with law enforcement and government authorities
- Work closely with the legal and public policy teams on engagement with law enforcement authorities on online safety, security and law enforcement issues
- Educate law enforcement authorities on our policies for protecting user privacy and responding to legal requests
- Work closely with legal and law enforcement response teams and outside counsel in responding to governmental requests for data
- Work with investigation teams to develop and refer relevant matters to law enforcement authorities
- Work with internal teams and global safety organizations to develop and enhance safety awareness, and manage other safety related issues in the region
- Support launches and different initiatives being driven across platforms
- Support the Company and its employees during emergencies
- University degree or equivalent, or 4+ years of law enforcement experience or in a similar role with the industry in lieu of a degree
- Significant experience working with International data protection and law enforcement authorities
- Experience with laws relating to law enforcement requests for data
- Experience in processing legal documents (e.g., civil and criminal subpoenas, court orders and search warrants)
- Technical knowledge and experience related to cybercrime and online investigations
- Ability to travel frequently within Europe, Middle East and abroad, including the United States
- Ability to work off hours, including the weekend and occasionally holidays, in order to support emergency matters
- Strong public speaking & presentation skills
- Prosecution or criminal investigation experience
- Fluency in French
- Familiarity and experience with the legal systems in Europe
- Technical knowledge of specific criminal areas such as child safety or human trafficking a plus
WhatsApp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
WhatsApp is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.